Diet is one way to lose weight. There are many variations of the menu - for a week, for 1 month and so on. Each of them has its own advantages and disadvantages. Some diets include a large amount of all kinds of products in their diet - cereals, vegetables, meat. Others are limited to one component. Such diets are called mono diets. From word one. That includes watermelon. Light, summery, sweet - many will like it.
The essence of losing weight
The watermelon diet only lasts five days. It is not recommended to follow such a diet for a long period of time, as our bodies need vitamins and nutrients of both plant and animal origin for proper function.
The diet menu is very simple, the main ingredient is watermelon. Weight loss with such a diet is up to 5 - 8 kg in 5 days. However, sticking to the menu can be difficult, especially for those who are used to a large daily diet.
Divide the total amount of watermelon by 5-6 meals.
- Day 1 - watermelon, water.
- Day 2 - watermelon, a cup of green tea, water.
- Day 3 - watermelon, water.
- Day 4 - watermelon, water, 1 cup of tea or coffee.
- Day 5 - watermelon, water.
This diet variant cannot be traced back to mono, but it is lighter and more economical in terms of nutrition. Suitable for people who are unwilling to give up 100% other foods for five days.
- 1 day - 120 ml of green tea, watermelon, 150 gr. Of boiled lean meat, water.
- Day 2 - 1 chicken egg, watermelon, 150 gr. Cottage cheese, a cup of green tea.
- Day 3 - a small serving of porridge without salt and oil, watermelon, water.
- Day 4 - vegetable salad, 150 gr. Lean boiled fish, watermelon, water.
- Day 5 - fruit salad, cottage cheese - 150 gr. , Watermelon, water.
On a note!The five day weight loss system allows for 1 cup of weak coffee or tea in the morning. The rest of the time it is necessary to drink only pure, non-carbonated water.
Before starting any diet, be sure to consult a doctor. Otherwise (through a diet for certain diseases) you can worsen your health and your general well-being.
- Kidney failure
- The presence of congenital abnormalities of the genitourinary system.
- Diabetes mellitus.
- Loss of strength, insomnia.
- Postoperative periods.
The indication for a watermelon diet for 5 days is overweight. You can also use this food system 1-2 times a year as a "body cleansing" for adults aged 18 and over.
Disadvantages and advantages
For maximum results, don't forget about exercise. Courses will help strengthen the body and accelerate the process of losing weight. With a watermelon diet for 5 days, an unlimited amount of clean water without gas, as well as green tea and coffee, is allowed to be included in the menu, but not more than 1 cup per day.
- The use of alcohol is prohibited on a watermelon diet, as such a combination can cause serious gastrointestinal diseases.
- Try not to eat watermelon 3-4 hours before bedtime. This can lead to swelling and also to restless sleep from frequent urination.
- The watermelon diet has many limitations and contraindications related to human health. Hence, it is not suitable for everyone. It is important to consider the general condition of your body and the presence of chronic diseases.
- The diet is difficult for those who do not like watermelons.
- You cannot sit on a watermelon diet for weight loss for more than 5 days. After a long time, minerals are flushed out of the body and nitrates, which are often used to grow this berry, accumulate.
On a note!If you have been on a diet and after some time have experienced discomfort, unpleasant or painful sensations related to the gastrointestinal tract, chronic diseases, etc. , immediately leave this nutritional system and consult a doctor.
The main advantage of the watermelon diet, according to the reviews, is the lack of hunger. Watermelon perfectly drowns out it, which allows you to get excellent results. However, many people get bored of eating the same thing for almost a week - this is precisely the main disadvantage of such a menu.
The Watermelon Diet Menu will help you:
- Toxins, removing toxins from the body;
- help cleanse the kidneys from stones;
- normalizes intestinal motility;
- lower cholesterol levels;
- will increase immunity;
- will reduce the feeling of hunger;
- will speed up your metabolism.
In addition, the benefits of drinking watermelon have been proven in people with gastritis, hepatitis A, diseases of the gallbladder, hypertension, arthritis, as well as in men with sexual dysfunction. The berry contains a lot of magnesium, fiber, antioxidants, vitamin B, carotene, ascorbic acid, riboflavin.
On a note!It is strictly forbidden to sit on a watermelon diet for more than 5 days. Otherwise, you can provoke serious health problems.
The results of the watermelon diet directly depend on the characteristics of the body, strict adherence to the recommendations and physical activity of a person.
On average, this diet absorbs up to 5-8 kg in five days.
Also, a watermelon diet helps cleanse the kidneys.
Doctors recommend spending 1-2 days with this berry in the summer to improve well-being.
After the diet you will feel lightness, the skin becomes fresher and cleaner, strength and energy appear.
On a note!Poor quality watermelon can cause vomiting and other digestive disorders. Therefore, try to buy berries from trusted sellers.
By the way, there is little experience to find out how natural the berry is. Dip a slice of watermelon in a glass of clean water, if there are stains, you should definitely not eat such a watermelon.
Watermelon saturates our body with useful substances, allows you to "restart" the metabolism and feel lightness throughout the body. To calculate the daily rate, you need to divide your weight by 10 - this is the amount of watermelon pulp, in kg, that you can afford to eat per day.
Woman, 35, journalist
Sat on a watermelon diet before vacation. I liked it. I lost 3 kg, a little, but that made my whole body feel light. I'm excited! The only downside is frequent urination. You can't be far from home.
Girl, 19 years old, student
I liked this food. It was just hard in the end. It seems I ate watermelons for the coming year. I cannot say anything about the result of the diet alone, as I was actively involved in additional sports. A total of 4, 200 kg.
Male, 30, economist
I tried the watermelon diet. I only lost 2 kg. This is a big win for me as I've had problems with being overweight since I was a child.
Woman, 28, housewife
I found it hard to stick to the menu when everyone was eating homemade chops at dinner. I am satisfied with the result, lost weight, refreshed. True, there was slight swelling during the diet - I think this is due to excessive fluid intake by the body.
Woman, 42, accountant
I don't like diets that have a lot of prohibitions. I find it difficult to limit myself to sweets. I saw the watermelon diet on the internet and decided to give it a try. Summer, heat, I don't want anything greasy and heavy, but eating a delicious red berry is what you need! I lost almost 3 kg easily and without stress. For me, this is the easiest way to lose weight. Neither the feeling of hunger nor the heaviness, and always a treat to hand that you can eat all day.
The watermelon diet will help you lose weight and normalize the body. It is very easy to sit on because the berry is rich in fiber in addition to its high moisture content. If you stick to the diet, you can lose up to 8 kg. With a freer menu (option 2) the weight loss is up to 4-5 kg. Don't forget to consult your doctor before starting any diet.