One of the most effective diets for weight loss is the meat-free diet. Many experts, nutritionists and doctors have long confirmed that not only can you lose weight by reducing portions of food, but also by excluding products such as meat. After all, it's a huge source of proteins and saturated fats that are stored in the body in the form of various lipids, including cholesterol.
So, by cutting out meat, you can not only reduce your weight, but also reduce your risk of cardiovascular disease. The risks of developing coronary artery disease, stroke, and heart attack are directly related to total cholesterol levels and the "bad" lipoproteins in the blood. And the more we use them, the faster they settle on our ships. We are what we eat.
The benefits and harms of meat. Why should you try to decline?
- Meat contains a lot of protein, which is the building block of our body. However, if you skip meat, you can eat other high protein foods. These are dairy products (cottage cheese, cheese, milk), legumes, nuts and whole grains. They will saturate the body with enough protein.
- Meat, especially red meat, is a source of iron, phosphorus, vitamins B12, A, E, D. However, a large part of it is also contained in vegetable products, especially in oils. Since meat is not the only source of these vitamins and minerals, its role is exaggerated.
- Meat can be harmful when, in the modern world, hormones and antibiotics are added to improve taste, quality, and appearance. In addition, improperly cooked meat (fried, fatty) is "heavy" on the gastrointestinal tract and leads to the exacerbation of chronic pancreatitis, cholecystitis. It promotes the reproduction of putrefactive intestinal flora. Meat is also harmful to the cardiovascular system.
- Cooked meat is bad energy. This is the opinion of vegetarians and many people who still cannot refuse this.
After weighing all the pros and cons, all we can say is that meat is not an irreplaceable product without which a person becomes deficient in proteins, vitamins and other elements. It can absolutely be replaced by other products, even more useful. However, if you do decide to lose weight and completely give up the meat, then you need to do it gradually so that the body has time to get used to a change in diet. A meat-free diet for weight loss does not mean getting rid of the fats and proteins it contains. And only to reduce their number and replace them with the same, only with different, lighter dishes. They are found in large quantities in dairy products, fish, eggs, legumes, nuts and vegetable oils. Gradually it is necessary to replace all meat with boiled meat, then its amount in the diet should be reduced. Eat more vegetables - broccoli, celery, carrots, pumpkin, beets, zucchini, avocado.
The main types of diets that can be used for weight loss
- Diet number 5 according to Pevzner.This diet is therapeutic and prophylactic and is prescribed by doctors for diseases of the digestive system. As a preventive measure, it is prescribed in sanatoriums. Its essence is to remove foods rich in cholesterol, essential oils and fats, and also to reduce salt intake. Include foods that contain pectins and fiber in the diet. The food should be baked or steamed and it is important to drink enough water. Although a little cooked meat (poultry, beef) and dairy products (milk, kefir up to 200 ml per day) can be eaten with this diet, why is diet number 5 not ideal for losing weight? In addition to the fact that it normalizes the work of the gastrointestinal tract, clears the body of toxins, and also helps to lose weight to your normal weight. In addition, if you decide to eliminate meat completely, it may be a transition for you.
- Diet without meat and dairy products.Stricter, as you are completely freed from animal proteins and fats. Of course, when you sit on such a diet you will definitely lose those extra pounds, but making a plan and dieting is not going to be easy. It will be even more difficult to stick to such a diet. Meat and dairy products should be eliminated gradually. Fish can be kept in the diet.
- Breakfast.Buckwheat porridge, rice, millet seasoned with olive oil with fresh vegetables, bread. Muesli with dried fruits, nuts, honey, sesame or flaxseed. Tea or warm compote avocado sandwich.
- Lunch.Vegetable, mushroom, pea and bean soup. Cauliflower puree, spinach, zucchini, potatoes. Baked mackerel, cod, dorado with lemon. Vegetable salads, vinaigrette. Salads are best flavored with wheat germ oil (a great source of vitamin E), sesame seeds, olive oil, and walnut oil. You can also make durum wheat pasta.
- Snack.Eat fresh fruit and berries fresh or in the form of juice, fruit drink, casserole. Nuts, dried fruits (70-100 g). You can grate an apple, a carrot, season with butter or honey.
- Dinner.Baked or steamed vegetables, side dish with boiled beans, lentils, chickpeas. Jacket potatoes, braised cabbage. The fish can be cooked as a schnitzel, casserole with tomato and cauliflower.
Diet without meat and fish. One such diet involves the use of dairy products as protein foods. For breakfast, you can eat omelette with vegetables, cottage cheese with berries and kefir. Add milk, salad with yogurt, boiled egg, or casserole on eggs for lunch or dinner. It is allowed to use low-fat sour cream, cream, butter for a sandwich.
Basic rules of a meat-free diet for weight loss
- Every diet should be accompanied by measured exercise. Start with morning or evening walks in the fresh air.
- diet regimen. Violations of the rules of the regime do not lead to the desired result, and every sandwich or missed exercise slowly incapacitates you. It is believed that adherence to the regimen is a habit for exactly 21 days.
- The diet should be based on three main meals (don't forget to have a snack).
- Try to add less salt and spices when cooking.
- Drink a glass of warm water with a teaspoon of honey every morning.
- A meat-free diet is about cleansing and discharging the body, not about hunger and exhaustion. The diet must be properly formulated so as not to harm the body. According to experts, such a diet must necessarily include the consumption of fish and dairy products, as well as a minimum amount (kefir, yogurt, eggs, low-fat cottage cheese).
- Make sure that your diet is not focused on foods that contain simple carbohydrates (bread, flour products).
- Eat porridge and bread in the morning. For dinner, it is better to cook a high-protein dish (legumes, cottage cheese, eggs).
- To improve the motor function of the intestines and cleanse them of toxins and toxins, eat fiber found in vegetables, fruits, dried fruits, and nuts.
- Breakfast: rice porridge, boiled egg, fresh cucumber, warm tea with bread.
- Lunch: vegetable soup, lentils with mushrooms, baked beetroot salad with olive oil. Dessert: cottage cheese with honey and dried cranberries, compote.
- Dinner: mashed potatoes and spinach, fish cakes, avocado.
- Snack: walnuts, raspberries, blueberries, strawberries.
- Breakfast: kefir, whole grain bread (100 grams)
- Lunch: fish soup, vinaigrette. Dessert: berry jelly.
- Dinner: pumpkin soup with mushrooms, baked fish with lemon, fresh vegetable salad.
- Snack: apples, pears, peaches.
- Breakfast: oatmeal with nuts and honey, compote.
- Lunch: Bean and vegetable soup, pumpkin pancakes, boiled egg, olives. Dessert: Quark casserole with raisins and apple.
- Dinner: fish stew (mackerel), green peas and cauliflower puree, vegetable salad.
- Snack: figs, dates, dried apricots.
- Breakfast: scrambled eggs, tomato and cheese, fresh cucumber
- Lunch: Buckwheat with vegetables, coleslaw, corn and eggs, seasoned with unsweetened yogurt. Fresh berry fruit drink.
- Dinner: boiled beans, stewed cabbage with mushrooms, paprika salad, onions, tomatoes.
- Snack: orange, pineapple, grapefruit, persimmon